Question
Posted by: anon1 | 2009/07/21

D& C and fertility

hi
i had a d& c at 8 weeks and everyone tells me that you are more fertile after a d& C.
1.is this true?
2. is my cycle likely to be regular after this?
3. would i count the 1st day of my cycle as the day i started bleeding (a had the D& C the following day)?
4. in the unlikely event that i fall preg, how long would you advise i wait before doing a hpt since i am not sure when i' m ovulating?
thanks!

1. No, this is not true.
2. Your cycle may be delayed after the D&C, but should be back to normal in 2 months.
3. You count from the last period before the D&C.
4. If you miss a period, you can test after 3 days, though the missed period could be caused by the D&C.