Question
Posted by: roline | 2011/05/06

D& C

I had to undergo a D& C procedure after I miscarried. I am now bleeding at irregular intervals. is this normal? (ie bled on the day I was in hospital, then three days clear, bled for one day, then 2 days clear, then bled again for a day). When should my normal period start again? And can one start trying to get pregnant right away or should we rather wait?

It is normal to have some bleeding for a few days after a D&C. The next period can be anything from 2-8 weeks later. It is advised that you wait at least 3 months before trying again.

1