Posted by: Red | 2010-08-31

A case was opened against me at the Police Station. I was duly arrested at my place of work and detained overnight.The following day I appeared in Court.The Magistrate said I could step down, the Court had no case against me.
This is not family law stricltly but it has had a terribly damaging effect on my children to have their mother in jail.
Can I sue for damages?Can I sue the person who opened the case against me?Please advise me the correct procedure. I know I will need a lawyer but would lke to know the correct proceedure first.

Expert ImageFamily law expert

Best would be to consult and attorney in your area. You can in certain circumstances sue if you were arrested without reason.

Bertus Preller
Family Law Attorney
Abrahams and Gross

Posted by: Red | 2010-09-06

Reply to Red
Posted by: Depends | 2010-09-02

What were you arrested for?

Reply to Depends