Posted by: Concerned | 2009-06-08

Damaged tissue scar

I have an ugly dimple in my thigh which makes me to even feel uncomfortable to undress infront of my partner. I' m considering botox or collagen injection, I would like to find out if this can work.

My doctor told me its damaged tissue scar.

Please help me before I make the wrong decision.

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Concerned, thank you for the question and my apologies for the long delay with my response, but I have just returned from my London clinic.

This is a difficult question to answer over the net as one would need to examine the area first to advise you on the best treatment options. Firstly one should consider the cause of the dimple and if some form of trauma has been experienced in the area or an inflammatory process (infections, abscess formation, etc.) or if surgery was performed then one may safely presume that scar tissue is to blame.

The treatment will depend on the degree of scar tissue tethering (attachment to underlying tissues) and one may need to release these adhesions first that may be performed by a needle and should not leave any further scarring. One can consider fillers to enhance the area but my advice would be to consult a very experienced injector who has performed fillers in a reconstructive format in the past.

If however the dimple is due to a ‘muscle weakness’ then fillers may be tried as a first choice but complete resolution may not be possible as this depends on the size of the dimple.

I saw 2 specialists already and they said its damaged tissue scar and there is nothing wrong with the bones its just that something went wrong with the muscle or tissue didn' t grow - something like that. If possible I can mail you the picture.

Posted by: Confidence | 2009-06-09

Good day,may i please have contact details where i can purchase Silicone Sheets for scars?

Reply to Confidence