Question
Posted by: Anon | 2009-08-17

Damaged testicle

Hi doc,

I' ve had a problem for many years which i' m too embarrassed ro discuss with anyone. Please can you advise me.

About 12 years ago i had an impact to my one testicle, which is still causing me immense pain. I' ve never discussed this with anyone.

My one testicle are now miss-shaped and incredibly painfull, but i fear they' d wanna remove it, so i' ve kept quite for many years. It seems as if the upper halve of the testicle is leaking, so it' s flattened and enlarged.
This influences my sexual ability in the sense that i cant bear pressure on the testicle, and therefor my partner cant touch me.

Please advise on whether you think i could resolve this myself, or whether i should see a docter. Do you think there could be something seriously wrong?

Dear Anon
I think you should see an urologist - if the testis is damaged to such an extent that it needs to be removed, they can implant a prosthetic testis that feels and looks exactly like a normal testis. In the long term this may be more comfortable and no one will ever know that it is not your original testis!
See also www.theturekclinic.com/testicular-prostheses.shtml