Question
Posted by: Mandy | 2008/06/05

Damaged rib cartilidge

I have had the flu for almost 4 weeks and have recently been informed that my rib cartilage has been damaged. I followed the treatment and while the original area is less painful, the discomfort seems to have moved to below my right rib and on my right side.
Should I be concerned about it being more serious and the possibility of infecting my family?

Dear Mandy
No this is not infectious but an inflammation of the rib cartilage due to the virus infection. It may take a while to get better but is not dangerous to your family.