Question
Posted by: Dale | 2009/11/19

damaged nerve

I have written to you before about weak quadriceps in my legs, which had been a problem for the last 18 months, you said it could be a mytosis to a compressed nerve. In the time before I first contacted you I had seen a few different doctors from gp to neuro surgens, you suggested I have a MRI scan, etc. and after many tests which include various blood tests, x-rays, MRI scans, lumber punch and nerve conduction tests, it seems that I have damage to a fermol nerve in my right leg. The neuroligists said it could take 18 to 24 months to heal, Is this correct and is there any herbal or medication one can take to speed up the healing of this damaged nerve??

Hallo Dale
Did he say what could have caused the damage? Physiotherapy and vit B complex supplements may help. Nerves heal slowly and 18-24 months sounds reasonable.

2
Posted by: Dale | 2009/11/20

Hi Dr Bets

It is unknown what caused the damage to the femoral nerve. I am having a B12 injection once a week for 3 weeks.

Reply to Dale
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2009/11/19

Hallo Dale

Reply to cyberdoc