Question
Posted by: cat | 2009/11/24

Damaged Nail

Hi there,

About 6 months ago I jammed my finger in a door and although it is not painful anymore there is still dry blood under the nail which doesn' t seem to be going away. A white ' patch'  has also formed amongst the dry blood in the last month.

Although it' s not painful, it really doesn' t look all that great! I' m considering going to the doctor and having the nail removed - is this a good idea or should I just let the healing process take it' s course?

Dear Cat
It is very painful to remove the nail as you sit with a raw nailbed and it will take at least 8-10 weeks for the nail to grow back.
If it is dry blood and you injured the finger 6 months ago it should have grown out by now. Let your doctor have a look to see if this is not a rare mole growing under the nail?

2
Posted by: Dog | 2009/11/24

If the pain is not to bad, pull it off else wait till it is healed.

Reply to Dog
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2009/11/24

Dear Cat

Reply to cyberdoc