Question
Posted by: Aya | 2010/02/19

Damaged fallopian tubes

I recently had a laparoscopy done, to check if my fallopian tubes are ok. When the dye was inserted via the uterus, it didn''t go through the fallopian tubes. According to my doctor, my fallopian tubes look fine from the outside but the dye not going through suggests that there is tubal damage inside. She said that damage inside the tubes can''t be fixed and therefore my only option to get pregnant was to to IVF.
I would like to know if it''s true that the tubes can''t be fixed inside. Also, is there no cheaper option either than IVF?

Dear Aya

Unfortunately should the laparoscopic findings be accurate then the only option that you have available is IVF. The damage to the inside of the fallopian tube is far more important than simply the pathology of the outside and unfortunately due to the delicate structural composition of the fallopian tube cavity surgical correction is very rarely successful if at all.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

1
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2010/02/22

Dear Aya

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

Reply to Fertility expert