Question
Posted by: Sue Scott | 2010/03/06

Dairy products for Cancer patients

I have recieved conflicting views on Cancer patients including dairy in their diets. Please advise if Dairy products should be encouraged. I would also like to find our information about teh " budrit diet"  not sure if this is the correct spelling, butit has been recommended for cancer patients.

Dear Sue
According to research dairy products provide a variety of essential nutrients that are believed to play a role in cancer prevention. These nutrients include: calcium and vit D, phosphorus, the so-called branched-chain fatty acids and milk proteins. The use of low-fat milk and dairy products should, therefore, be encouraged in cancer patients. I intend writing a DietDoc Topic on this subject in the near future, so please check the Diet section of Health24 for this article.
I do not have any information about the "budrit diet". If you can find out what the correct name is and outline the basic principles for me in a new message, then I will try to give you an opinion.

1

Dear Sue