Posted by: J | 2012-10-24

Dairy problems

When I eat dairy regularly for a week esp milk my tongue swells up to the point where I struggle to talk. And it takes a long time for the swelling to go down completely sometimes months even after I''ve cut out all dairy during this time. Why does this happen and is there something I can do make the swelling go down quicker. It also makes me get sick and makes me cough a lot but my tongue is the biggest worry.

You can consult your pharmacist for Celestamine tablets to keep at hand when this allergic reaction presents itself. I do however, suggest that you consult your doctor for blood tests to determine if you are allergic to dairy. In the interim, supplement the dairy products with soy based products.