Question
Posted by: Anon1 | 2011/08/18

dairy or NO dairy?

Im confused. I thought eating All bran + 2% milk for breakfst was healthy, AND I thought eating a fruit + low fat yoghurt was healthy, NOW I read that dairy and wheat are a NO,NO when trying to lose weight. whats a girl to do? Iwant to lose about 8kgs. whats your opinion???

Im not wheat intolerant at all. I just need to lose the weight.

Dear Dairy
In this case, I would recommend that you disregard the article that recommends cutting out all wheat and dairy when trying to lose weight. There is no scientific evidence to support either contention, but there is a growing body of evidence based on sound scientific studies that slimming diets that contain low-fat or fat-free dairy products and are thus rich in calcium, promote weightloss more efficiently than diets that avoid all dairy products. So stick to your All Bran and 2% milk for breakfast and have your fruit and low-fat yoghurt as a healthy snack and say "No, No" to that article. Click on ‘DietnFood’ and search for articles on Slimming Myths.

1

Dear Dairy