Posted by: Chrisna | 2008-12-03

I' ve started using the pill as contraception about 7 days ago.
There has been an occasion since then, where I' m not sure whether the condom (which I use as extra protection) did it' s work, so I used emergency contraception the next day.

My questions are the following:

1. Will the emergency contraception affect/interfere with my regular pill that I' m on now? (make it less effective)

2. Can I use the emergency contraception more than once for the next while until the pill is actually working? (I assume the pill takes a period of 21 days?)

Will appreciate your speedy response.

emergency contraceptive should have no effect on taking the pill. please continue to use the pill. if the pill is not working for you (forgetting to take it too often), there are other contraceptive methods available. please speak to your GP regarding the contraceptive methods that best suit your needs.