Question
Posted by: zorro | 2013-01-22

daily nutrient intake

can you please advise what the recommended dietary intake is for a male adult is?I''d like to monitor how much my intake of nutrients is i.e. energy, protein,carbs,fat etc.

Dear Zorro
Click on 'Diet & Nutrition' at the top of this page and then search the site for the various tables of nutrients. For example, you can click on 'Nutrition Basics' or 'Calorie Corner' or 'Vitamins and Minerals' on the left-hand side of the Diet main page and read the articles which will cover the various nutrients for different age groups.
For a very precise assessment you would need to have your diet evaluated by a registered dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area).

1
Posted by: ME | 2013-01-22

Yes, Doc - please also advise for female.
I am 36, currently weigh 63 (BMI 27) should weigh approx 50-53kg. I am +- 1.5m tall.

I am trying to eat carefully but dont know what my recommended intake for each food group is.

Reply to ME