Question
Posted by: Suzie - Durban | 2010/01/11

Daily Exercise

(1) Is it good for you to exercise daily? I' ' m referring to cardio eg. spinning classes?

(2) When does your body burn the fat, while you are exercising or while you are resting?

Thank you.

Dear Suzie
There are 2 schools of thought about the frequency of exercise: 1) Some experts recommend that one should do 30 or more min of moderate exercise every day to obtain the max. benefit, others recommend exercising intensively for 60 min every second day to allow the body to replenish its glycogen stores. So if you exercise moderately you can exercise every day (e.g. going for a brisk walk for 30 min), but if you really do very intensive exercise for longer periods then it may be a good idea to have a 24-hour rest. Fat is used up for energy purposes while you exercise and for up to 24 hours after intensive cardio exercise because of an increase in the so-called Basic Metabolic Rate.

2
Posted by: Monique | 2010/01/12

I exercise every morning for 30min eg: Hip Hop Abs or Tae Bo and I take a days break is this good for me? I am trying to lose weight and eat pretty healthy I am doing the right thing??

Many Thanks
Monique

Reply to Monique

Dear Suzie