Question
Posted by: Thabitha | 2012-04-18

Daily Abdominal pains

I had 2 misacrriages in 2008 and 2010, now I''m 12 weeks pregnant. I suffer from abdominal pains everyday. My Dr prescibed propain but i hesitate to use them everyday. People advise me to take leave from work and have bed rest. My job is not so hectic but there are times where it requires me to walk around. Please advise

Walking will not cause a miscarriage. Mild cramps are normal in early pregnancy, it is bleeding that is a worrying sign. IT might not be a bad idea to take some leave and relax for a week or two though.

2
Posted by: Thabitha | 2012-05-15

Thanks Dr for the reply,i took some rest but still the pains are there. abdominal pains are severe at work around 1pm for 15minutes and after an hour starts again. If i stand for 10minutes they start, if i sit for an hour they start. sometimes when i wake up in the morning they start. I''m using propain and panado sometimes, my gynae says i should not worry, but still i just cant help not to be a little bit concern.

Reply to Thabitha
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2012-04-23