Posted by: Nads | 2009-04-16

Dachie - pregnant

I have a miniture dachie that' s been on heat for the past 2 weeks and a male got to her more than once. Will she still carry on being on heat or will it end soon?

Another thing I want to start taking her temperature closer to the end so that I could know more or less when she will give birth. I' m just afraid I won' t be at home when it happens that' s why I want to take her temperature so that I could be there for her. What should her temp be now and will it rise or fall when the time is near?

Dear Hi

The heat will end soon and if you are not going to be there a lot the temperature thing may not be the best way forward. The temperature normally drops by a degree just before giving birth.