Question
Posted by: Lily | 2012/09/10

D and C and bleeding

I had a D &  C on Thursday evening (due to a miscarraige) and was released on Thursday late night as the bleeding was minimal.

By Friday the bleeding was gone. Friday night i awoke with sharp pains in my rectum and this worsened when i tried to pass gas or go to the loo for nr 2. The pains come and go. I usually get these pains when im about to get my period.

Saturday these pains came and went but seemed to lighten up. On Sunday afternoon i started to bleed. Is this my period? Its much lighter than a period and i dont have any period pains. Is it a side effect from the Womb Scrape?

What signs should i look out for that could opt me to go back to the doc?

Thanks for your advice.

It is not your period. It is probably just bleeding from the D&C. Go back to your doctor if you nahve heavy bleeding or pain.

1