Posted by: Lindsaytom | 2012-11-02

D &  C

I recently posted on this site regarding an early scan scare.
I went back a week later which would have dated me as 7wks 5 days and unfortunately the gestational sac was in the process of collapsing.

My Doctor advised that I should schedule a D &  C for the following day instead of waiting on Mother Nature. I was prescribed 2 tablets to take the morning of the procedure which would assist with dilation. I did this and bled quite a bit after.

I had the procedure done and Doc was happy. There was no follow up visit booked and I discharged. I had crazy bleeding accompanied with cramping in lower pelvic area and what felt like my joints in between my leg and hip. 2 days later there was no more bleeding or spotting. This last for 2 days then I was hit with what felt like period pains and has continued now (day 3).

Could this be the start of a new cycle or is this a continuation of the post op bleeding?

Doctor has instructed me to continue with cycle 2 of my clomid immediately when period returns which she said should be within 2 - 4wks. I am confused now and unfortunately she is unavailable till next week.

I was also prescribed progesterone supps. in with the pregnancy I had lost (at 6wks I started taking them). Doctor did not give me a reason for this. I then wanted to know, if I wait till my next cycle should I start taking the progesterone supps. earlier than waiting for my first check up (if pregnant) and confirming that or should I start taking after I ovulate? Doc said it was either CD 14 / 15 but I got negatives on both those dates. So I could not pin point exactly (she did scan at CD12 and I produced 5 eggs and she measured and gestimated it would be on one of those dates).

I would suspect that this is still related to the procedure and not a period. So it would probably be better to wait for your next cycle to start the Clomid.The progesterone suppositories would only be started when you are pregnant.