Question
Posted by: Charne | 2010/03/05

Cytotec

Hi. I am 12 weeks pregnant and chose not to continue with the pregnancy. I took 400mg cytotec followed by 200mg 8 hours later and a further 200mg 3 hours after that. I began bleeding an hour after the first dose and passed clots. I bled a lot for 5 hours and then it all slowed down. I felt extremely dizzy and was convinced I was going to pass out. I took the tablets on Monday, and since then, have had a slight discharge (brown) I went to my gp on Thursday, and he confirmed with ultrasound that I was still pregnant. I know I seem heartless, but this has been the hardest decision I''ve ever made, and I had the loop inserted 2 years ago, but it came out 5 days before I conceived. I am too scared to go to my Gynae, as I know this is frowned upon, and Marie Stopes isn''t an option.

1. If I take 800mg, do you think that it would work?
2. If it doesn''t work, do you think a gynae would preform a d& c based on the fact that continuing with the pregnancy may result in birth defects?

Any assistance would be appreciated, as it feels I''m running out of options.

You should not self medicate; this is dangerous. You could bleed excessively and put yourlife at risk. Abortion is legal and your options are a government hospital, Marie-Stopes or your gynaecologist. Many gynaeclogists do terminations and could certainly refer you if they don't.

2
Posted by: just me | 2010/03/08

I''m not going to judge you for your decission but do you know how many women, including me, are out there that would give everything they have to be in your position - pregnant?

Reply to just me