Question
Posted by: Dan | 2010/04/06

Cytomegalovirus

I am positive and battling with my eye.It''s over three weeks now and the specialist has not prescribed something helpful.
I have googled that I may have cytomegalovirus but I suppose as I disclosed he should have prescribed something.He wants me in theatre for a biopsy.Is that one of the options?
What stage am I in?I have just changed the regime four days ago so far my eye is depressing.Am I in danger.Anything the new regimen {Aluvia,Truvada and Purbac} can do for me or should I just stay in hope.
Please help

Expert ImagezENT Expert

Dear Dan

You need the advice of an opthalmologist. This is an ENT FORUM. (Treatment for CMV , if diagnosed, is available)