Question
Posted by: Daisy | 2008/07/14

Cysts on ovaries.... PLEASE HELP!

Went to the gynae and on the scan she saw I have cysts on my ovaries. She put me on Sandowz Metformin HCI 500 FC for 6 months. Will this help me in falling pregnant? How long will it take for me to fall pregnant? She wants me to go back onto the pill for 3 months to stabilise my hormones. Do I really have to go back onto the pill? I have been off the pill for almost a year now and is scared that going back onto it will take longer for me to fall pregnant? PLEASE ADVISE!!

The idea is for the Metformin to get you to ovulate, though it does not work in 100% of case. You are not going to fall pregnant without help, so I would agree with your doctor's suggestions.

1
Posted by: EHT | 2008/07/14

Hi,You dont mention how long you had been on the pill before?Here is my story... been on Nur-istrate(injection) for 5 years, was off it for more than a year with no period coming. Was put on pill to regulate period for three months. Did got period for three cycles and when I stopped pill the period also stopped.What I am trying to say.. is that they do put you on the pill to regulate your period/hormones but no say whether it will regulate for sure. Like  I for eg. also has PCOS which makes ovulation also difficult.Hope you have good news very soon.

Reply to EHT