Question
Posted by: Concerned | 2011/02/21

Cysts

I havent had my periods of 3 months and when i went to see the Doctor she did an Insulin test and my Insulin level was 12. Thereafter she suggested that I see my Gynea cause I may have Polycystic Ovaries.

I just got my periods and now im all confused cause as Far as im concerned, Polysictic ovaries restricts you from getting your periods.

Im not sure whats happening...

Not all women with PCOS do not have periods. Irregular or late peiods could be a sign, as is the high insulin level.You do need to see your gynaecologist.

3

Posted by: Shaz | 2011/02/22

Had an op in March last year to remove cysts and at the beginning of Feb this year, I had to have my left ovary removed. The cysts had come back and were bigger. First sign of problems, was the pain and the on/off periods. Go to your gynae and have it sorted.

Reply to Shaz
Posted by: Leanne | 2011/02/22

I''m not a doc, but my advice is to go to the gynae anyway. I went yesterday because I have been having sharp pains in my lower abdomen for a week, and we found a 5cm cyst on the left ovary!! Go now before it becomes too serious

Reply to Leanne