Question
Posted by: M | 2010/07/21

Cystoscopy getting me down

Hi Dr Bets

Thank you for your response of yesterday regarding my recovery of the stretched pipe which you said should heal 100% but which may narrow again in a year or two (post 1466).

Dr Bets, I am still very young (22) and this is quite upsetting for me because I am still rather sore from the Cystoscopy procedure and the stretching of that narrowing. I realise that my procedure was performed on Monday and that today is only Wednesday (day 2), but I just want to know whether it is normal for it to still hurt, also when urinating. There is also still very little blood coming out at the tip of the penis at times, more like it is diluted with the urine (light pinkish colour).

The Urologist gave me Levofloxacin-Winthrop 250mg antibiotic (5 days) and also Gen-Payne capsules 2 every 8 hours. He did say it will first be worse and then heal. He didn''t mention days however.

What I don''t know is whether what I am experiencing now still is normal, and when will it get substantially better? Have you got any advice?

Thank you for the great work you do for us here!

Hi M
Yes it is normal to still be painful & bleeding and it may continue for a few days. The bleeding will gradually get less and I think you should be pain free within a week. See http://www.bmihealthcare.co.uk/treatment/treatmentsdetail?p_name=Urethrotomy&p_treatment_id=334

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/07/21

Hi M