Question
Posted by: Annelize | 2012/09/10

Cystoscopy - for Multiple Sclerosis related incontinence

I would like to know the reason why it is necessary for a Cystoscopy to be done under general anaesthesia. The medical aid charges the patient an upfront co-payment of R2 350 if the procedure is done in hospital, under anaesthetic. If it is done on an out-patient basis, there is no co-payment required from the patient.

Annelize

The patient can request the specialist to have the cystoscopy done in his consultation room.

2
Posted by: Ruby | 2012/09/10

Maybe it is because something else may need to be done while under sedation - often there is. A stricture to be sorted etc. If this is the case and their findings, you would just have to go back again anyway to have it done...

Reply to Ruby
Posted by: Ruby | 2012/09/10

My medical aid paid for this in full - done under aneasthetic. What medical aid are you on ?

Reply to Ruby