Question
Posted by: M | 2010-07-20

Cystoscopy feedback

Hi doc

Just want to let you know how my Cystoscopy went.

The Urologist found a rather pronounced narrowing in the urethra near the bladder somewhere, so much so that he could barely get in there with the Cystoscope.

They have stretched it whereafter there was some blood leaking out, but it is much better already and the urine is almost clear in colour.

The doctor said he believes that was the cause of my frequent urinary tract infections and that it will be more sore now than what it was before and then only it will start feeling better.

He was not very specific as to what the success of this would be and I was still drowzy when he came around. He just said that he wants to see me in 3 weeks again.

He said that nothing else is wrong inside the bladder. What are the chances that I will be healed from this? Something felt different since after the procedure, especially while emptying the bladder it feels as though the valve closes more " naturally"  and as if I don''t have to strain to close it.

Thanks doc.

Hallo M
It will probably go much better now and heal 100% but there is a small chance that in future it may narrow again, so just watch out for recurring symptoms after a year or two.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010-07-20

Hallo M