Question
Posted by: M | 2010/07/25

Cystoscopy - bladder infection now?

Hi Dr Bets

You will recall that I wrote to you previously regarding my Cystoscopy and the narrowing which was found in my urethra (bulbar urethra).

I started getting much better since my procedure on Monday but for the past two days after urinating it still feels as though my bladder remains full, and it is such an irritating feeling. Does this mean I might have a bladder infection now?

I have very minimal bleeding now (only a very little bit in the mornings).

From Monday - Thursday I have been on a course of antibiotics (Levofloxacin-Winthrop) which I got when I left the hospital after the procedure. Do I need to phone the Urologist''s rooms for more? What can I do? Is my symptoms likely to be that of a bladder infection?

Thank you doc.

Hallo M
Just have your urine checked at the pharmacy clinic - they will be able to see if there are any signs of pus cells in the urine which would indicate an infection. You could ask your urologist if something like Urispas would help for the feeling?

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/07/26

Hallo M