Question
Posted by: CONCERNED | 2011/02/04

CYSTOSCOPY

Hi hope you can help. My partner underwent a cystoscopy 2 weeks ago. As to be expected he passed a lot of blood in his urine during the 48 hours after the procedure but my concern now is that he is still passing blood when he urinates and it is worse when he exerts himself. Is this normal?

He can expect blood in his urine for at least one month after the cystoscopy. The amount of blood in his urine should however start decreasing. If he is worried, he should consult the urologist who performed the procedure.