Posted by: Cibella | 2010-08-01

Good morning

I seem to get bladder infections often again. THe last time with an invisible spot of blood (it was in the urine sample). I took the antibiotics as prescribed, but for some reason, I still feel sensitive in that general area.

Last time the gynea checked, I had 2 ovarian cysts, but this has been going on for years. It could be the cysts roving around again (had a historectomy many years ago, but ovaries stayed)

I thought it could be my spasic colon again, but besides the obvious cramps, the discomfort stays at the bottom in the front. I can''t take anything for the cramps, asI have MG and am on immune suppressants.

My mother''s side of the family had colon and cervical cancers. My younger sister is about to go for a D+C because she had some form of uterine cancer. It is a scary time for all.

Do you think I should go and see the GP again? Or have an untrasound first? I suppose what I really want to know is: Does Colon cancer show up on ultrasound?

Colon cancer will not show on an ultrasound, unless the lesion is fairly large. Your urinary irritation can be due to thinning of the epithelium. Consult your GP and ask for a script of Premarin cream. This cream mimics a sex hormone and will increase the resistance to infection and irritation.

I also suggest that you change your underwear to 100% cotton.