Question
Posted by: Lila | 2008/09/16

cystitis back

hi Pharm i have my 2nd cystitis infection in a month and its just as painful as the first one. I took citro soda last time it helped a lot, but only after i finished the whole bottle.

I hear once u get cystitis the reinfections are common. Will it be this common, every few weeks? Last nite i went to bed fine but woke up at 5 30 with an urge to pee and when it came out the burning was intense. I then peed at 6.30am and that was worse. There is now just a dull ache/burn in the pelvic area, right by the urethra.

Last time I had this infection there was also a very strong smell, almost like ammonia. Very offensive.

Why am I ill again so soon and what else can I do besides the citro soda?

By the way is it at all a concern that I urinate ordinarily twice or thrice during the nite? No one else in the house gets up to pee but me. During the day I' d put it at every 1.5 to 2 hours.

Expert ImagePharmacist

Lila

I'd suggest you see a doctor regarding your recurring infection - A antibiotic may be a good idea