Question
Posted by: Etok | 2011/04/11

Cystitis and kidney disease

Female, 42 yeasr old. Diagnosed with cystitis 1 week 4 days ago. Finished course of Levofloxacin... (spelling?), but no marked improvement in aching body. On examination, less pain in kidneys and bladder. Further blood &  urine tests done. Awaiting results. In the meantime - can you tell me whether a funny taste in the mouth, aching body, and loss of appetite can be definitive signs of kidney disease, or can it just be because of the cystitis? My GP''s not worried (he says), but I am!
Additional meds: Cymbalta, Lamictin, Seroquel &  Lyrica (Bipolar Mood Disorder II), and Yasmin (Smoker)

Hallo Etok
Your symptoms can be signs of a urinary tract infection - I suggest you wait for the results of your blood and urine tests to see if you need further medication.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011/04/11

Hallo Etok