Question
Posted by: mem | 2006/02/13

Q.

Cyst bottom of brain

Hi Dr, I have just come back from having a MRI BRAIN AND NECK and the Dr told me that I have a cyst at the bottom of my brain.It says toevallige vermelding van prominensie van sisterna magna.Neck C4/5 fusion Stewige benige hegting het van die been oorplating ingetree. A matige diskus bulting in vlak c3/4 teenwoordig. Dit veroorsaak minimale anterior ekstra tekale druk effek, but I have alot of pain.C6/7paravertebrale gewrigs hipertrofie veroordaak minimale vernouing van die linker neurale foramen as gevolg van osteofitose vanaf posterior. Please explain, as Dr said nothing to worry about but I am in agony.

Expert's Reply

A.

Dear MEM
Sisterna magna is just a fluid filled area of the brain that is prominent in your case.
C4/5 you had an operation? and the bone has grown closed over that which is good.
The Disc between C3 and C4 is pressing to the front on the cord and on C6 and C7 the little hole on the side where the nerve to your arm comes through, is also narrowed, pressing on the nerve. What is his plan of action ? It is not life threatening but I can think that you have pain.

Want to comment?