Posted by: Cysty | 2012-09-24

Cyst acne - Doxycyl

Hi, my Dermatologist prescribed me Doxycyl 50mg for 3 months to treat my acne. I am about 45 days into the course and I have not noticed much change at all. I''m using Benzac and Differin gel as well but from what I''ve read, cyst acne cant really be treated with creams.

I see online that a lot of people are using 100-150mg per day for acne. I''m only using 50mg. I know he is a specialist and knows what he is doing but does 50mg per day seem low to you?

Should I contact him about it or wait it out?

Also, any other suggestions would be appreciated.

I suggest that you contact your dermatologist to have your dosage increased.

I ve used doxycyl 100 mg for 14 days as prescribed by my dermatologist den now I'm on 50mg and I also drink a lot of water to supplement. I now having a smooth skin