Question
Posted by: Nats | 2012/10/08

Cyst?

Good day,

To start at the beginning, a few months ago i got a terrible infection from my merina ( had it in for 18months) and the doc removed the device, at my last check up he said the was a large cyst on my ovary, but that we would monitor it.

I had a dvt a couple of years back, and was told that i can not take the pill, but as i have pcos, im not to worried. My period has been like clock work, on the same day each month for the last 4 months, but for the second month in a row now, it has only lasted less that a day, and is extremely painfull ( which im not used to) can this be caused by the cyst that is still there, or getting bigger? there is a extended family history of breast, overian and cervix cancer in my family, should i be worried?

Cysts can cause irregular periods. You don't say when last you saw your doctor, but it sounds like you need another visit. The symptoms you describe are not commonly related to breast ovarian or cervixcal cancer,

1