Question
Posted by: Lizelle | 2011-05-17

Cyst

I went for my gynae checkup a couple of weeks ago and he saw a 4cm cyst - this is the third year that I''m going for a checkup and discovering cysts. The previous years the Provera didn''t work and I had to have a laporoscopy. My gynae gave me a 10 day course of Provera which I took and my period started yesterday. The period is much heavier than usual, can I assume that the cyst is dissolving - or maybe I am just hoping that to avoid a laporoscopy again. I am on Triphasil. My gynae says he doesn''t know why they keep coming back.

No you cannot assume that the cyst has gone. You would need a scan to determine that.

1
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2011-05-19