Question
Posted by: Mike M | 2011/03/07

Cymgen 60 mg

My wife went to our family doctor in mid jan and was diagnosed wit h depression. She was put on Cym Gen 60mg. After about a week she started becoming emotially detached from me. We started fighting about things that happened years ago. She says she loves me but has no emotional attachement with me. When I ask what is wrong she says she does not know.

I work away from home as I''''m in construction, and have been since we were married 15 years ago. I am confused and can not find any deffinitive information about Cym Gen and its side effects and how to help and understand.

Please help I feel my marrige is going down the drain, and it all started when she was put on Cymgen

Firstly, CymGen seems to be a generic version of a heavily promoted antidepressant first sold as Cymbalta, and you will find much info about it if you google either drug name.
Your experience illustrates my repeated point that doctors must recognize that while antidepressant meds can be very valuable, they are rarely enough, without counselling, to help someone recover from and deal with, a depression. Arrangements should be made for her to see a counsellor, and for the counsellor to see both of you, together, when you are available for such sessions

3
Posted by: Anonymous | 2013/09/09

Are there side affect having Wellbutrin 300mg xl with cymgen 60mg

Posted by: John Middlemiss | 2011/06/08

Need help.My spouse now says she is emotionally detached-after I have come home from Ivory Coast at her request! Now wants divorce!! Takes cymgem 60mg and drinks daily!! 21 yrs of marraige

Reply to John Middlemiss