Question
Posted by: chantell | 2009/11/24

cymgen 60 capsules for depression

can you please give me more info on cymgen capsules, i am a major depression sufferer and my doctor just put me on these capsules, how do they effect your metabolism, etc.

Cymgen is a brand name version of the antidepressant whose chemical name is Duloxetine. In another version it is sold as Cymbalta. It is one of the newish antidepressants, and works on both serotonin AND noradrenaline, whereas some antidepressants focus mainly on one of those brain chemicals much more than the other. Like all antidepressants, it is effective in many people, though not everyone, and is well worth trying. Like all ADs, it needs something like a couple of weeks to show its full likely benefit, before one would review it and decide whether to continue on it or try a different AD

33
Posted by: Karen | 2016/07/22

I take wellbutrin xl 300 and cymgen 90mg. I havnt put on weight in fact I've lost weight. Just persevere. I stopped my cymgen for a week and it was awefull.

Reply to Karen
Posted by: Antoinette | 2016/06/09

I've been taking 60mg of Cymgen for 3 weeks now. Since day 1 have severe head aches and dizziness. I feel off balance with discomfort of my stomach. I can't even drive properly. I can't find any pain relief for these headaches. Contacting my psychiatrist today.

Reply to Antoinette
Posted by: Stella | 2016/04/06

Hi, i have been using cymgen 60mg for about 9 years for Fibriomalgya. I am currently trying to get off the meds and see if i can loose the weight i gained on it and maybe i will feel better about myself. The side effects are realy bad, but the drug realy helped me while i was on it coping and getting up every day, especialy emotional. I hope i can loose the weight. I will keep you updated about what of feels like being off the cymgen as soon as this side effects cool down. At this stage, if i want strong enough to leave it i would probably just stay on it to not feel like i am feeling now. Brain zaps, dizzyness, emosional, nausea ect.. Everyone walki.g this path, stay positive and ask God to be woth you, this is not easy and as human you canot do this without God's help.

Reply to Stella
Posted by: Delwynne | 2016/03/27

I have been taking Cymgen for 6 years and they have really helped me but my Dr has now cut them from 60mg to 30mg because she thinks its wrong to take for so long. Now i feel terrible is it wrong to stay on for so long.?

Reply to Delwynne
Posted by: Delwynne | 2016/03/27

Reply to Delwynne
Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/02/04

Hello how long do u have these silly side effects for i feel dizzy light headed terrible headaches and dof does for six days ive been on it does it really make you fat?

Posted by: Vee | 2015/09/17

I have also been prescribed cymgen for fibromyalgia. On the first day got really sick and my face got swollen. My doc stopped it. I am just taking lyrica and traol but just cannot sleep. Have also put on a lot of weight. Am totally depressed. Can someone plse give me some good advice. Everyone has been say diff things and I am really confused.

Reply to Vee
Posted by: René | 2015/02/16

I have been using Wellburtrin 150ml SL for a few years and then for the past 6 months Wellburtrin 300ml XL, but did not feel any better. The doctor now started me on Cymgen 60. I am hoping this will make me feel better, although what worries me is that some people comment that they picked up weight. I cannot afford to pick up any more weight. Advice please?

Reply to René
Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/02/02

I have also picked up a lot of weight on Cymgen

Posted by: Anonymous | 2014/11/14

Hi I have been on Cymgen 60 for 5 months now. Its has helped me alot, also made me put on a lot of weight. I would like to wean off the tablet, can anybody tell me how. Anonymous

Posted by: Anonymous | 2014/09/24

I use Cymgen 60mg as per perscription from my psychiatrist. Does it impact on libido, and/or cause erectile dysfunction?

Posted by: Run Over | 2014/09/03

I have been on Cyngen for about 2 years - suffering from PTSD after an extreme run-over event. It has treated my depression and subsequent aggression very well without any side effects. I would recommend any-one to try it if recommended by a Doctor.

Reply to Run Over
Posted by: Cathy | 2014/03/31

Hi there Can one ever wean oneself from 'happy tabs'? I have been taking Cymgen for 6 years and wonder if I still need them as my lifestyle as changed dramatically.

Reply to Cathy
Posted by: anya | 2014/03/21

my doctor prescribed them to me and I'm supposed to start drinking them today, but he warned me that in the next 10 days I will face side effects. He did not tell me what side effects Cymgen 30 and 60 mg could have? I'm actually really scared! What should I expect?

Reply to anya
Posted by: Anonymous | 2014/03/19

Hi! Just started Cymgen 30mg and after two days nauseous, second day sleepy in the afternoon & stomach upsets - hope this will normalise soon. Worried if it makes one pick up weight but if it can lift mood let's see where it goes...To all other Depression sufferers out there - strongs! :)

Posted by: Anonymous | 2014/01/26

I have been on cilate and Rivotril for three years. I have stopped both due to unwanted symptoms which include tiredness. The withdrawal symptoms also include some of the symptoms that let to the use of the drugs. My doctor does not believe that the symptoms are as a result of the withdrawal. He thinks that the initial problems are coming back and should be on cymogen for life. I hate the idea of being on cymogen for life. Would anybody recommend St John's Worts rather than cymogen?

Reply to Anonymous | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: Anonymous | 2014/07/28

Hi there Using St John's Wort can lead to Serotonin Depletion. Which could lead to being on AD's again. Ive been there. Major lifestyle changes help though; - excercise - getting involved (community outreach etc. getting the focus off yourself) - Hobbies

Posted by: Thabenhle | 2013/09/12

Am taking the cymgen60 and i feel like vomiting since i took them.am a bit dizzy is it normal or something is wrong

Reply to Thabenhle | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: EILEEN | 2015/08/14

IT IS JUST FOR A WHILE IT WILL GO AWAY

Posted by: Anonymous | 2013/09/06

I've been Cymgen60 for about 3 years now, and it's still working great. Before that I was on Cipralex and something else, can't remember what. The Cymgen still gives me nausea if I don't take it with a meal, even if it's the morning when I wake up (I take them in the evenings). I'd suggest for those who have the same symptoms to persevere and make sure to take it with your food. Try to get a routine with meals and food, not to stray too much on the unhealthy things, and someone to help you stay on course. It's worth it in the end, it takes time.

Reply to Anonymous | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: Johno | 2014/06/04

great advice

Posted by: M | 2013/07/17

I have been on gymgen for 2 years now moved from cypramil 30mg to gymgen 60mg. It has changed my appetiite allot, I always felt like eating healthy food and always have, since on Gymgen I only feel like anything but health foods. Because of weight gain obviously its a problem but I feel so much better. Please anybody help? Has anyone else had the same symtoms.

Reply to M
Posted by: kevvie | 2013/04/29

Thought I'd also comment, although ADs doesnt work the same for everybody. Ive had valdoxane for a couple of weeks and it didnt work at all, so to the exstreme that I was admitted to Denmar, excellent hospital with excellent nurses and doctors. I was put on cymgen60+30mg (90mg) in total. I started on 30mg and within hours i felt better. Although major depressive disorder is a constant battle, i have hopefully found an AD that works for me. it's a little more than 2 weeks now and i realise it will take another 2-3 weeks to know if it fully works.

Reply to kevvie
Posted by: amanda | 2013/04/11

iam on cymgen for 6weeks and are picking alot of weight plaese can somebody give me advice

Reply to amanda
Posted by: gerhard | 2010/06/17

COULD CYMGEN BE CAUSING MY CHRONIC DIARRHOEA

Reply to gerhard
Posted by: Carina Worst | 2010/05/10

Needs more information on CymGem 60

Reply to Carina Worst
Posted by: B.Anderson | 2010/02/19

Started Cymgen today for Fybromyalgia. Was very nauseous within 2 hours of taking them but my doctor warned me of this and told me to persevere. Has anyone experienced the same symptoms and how long will this last?

Reply to B.Anderson | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: Michael | 2015/10/28

I started today And was also slightly nauseous and dizzy within 2 hours of ingesting, but already feeling better

Posted by: anxious | 2009/11/25

Have you ever been on Wellbutrin? I have a long story that I am trying to post to CS - not having much luck

Reply to anxious | 2 comments (hide)
Posted by: Milman | 2013/06/10

Hi there, i tied Wellbutrin and it just didn't agree with me at all. Was pretty disappointed as the forums mostly said how well it worked for people. First day on Cymgen 60mg so im hoping for the best.

Posted by: fred j | 2013/04/18

Great Tablet for some people. Careful though, one size does not fit all!

Posted by: chantell | 2009/11/24

my doctor started me on these capsules today, we have tried about 5 different types of medication, but none seemed to work. I took my first capsule this morning and have been feeling a bit in the clouds today, will that change?

Reply to chantell