Question
Posted by: Moooo | 2012/10/26

Cymgen

I''m lost and not sure what to do. My husband is taking Cymgen and Lyrica and he totally lost his " appetite"  for anything sexual, its not that he has problems down there it''s only that he doesn''t FEEL like having sex.

Now the problem is that he says it''s because of the medication, can cymgen have these effects and is there an alternative to these medication.

I would really appreciate your feedback

Loss of sexual desire ( and possibly other modes of ibnterference with usual sexual functioning ) is a possible ( fortunately not compulsory ) side effect to quite a number of drugs ; but any good doctor prescribing such drugs ought to be aware of such effects and discuss these with the patient. Cymgen can have such an effect ; there are alternative antidepressants equally effective which dotn't usually have such effects, such as Valdoxane. So be sympathetic, and encourage him to discuss this with his doctor, and explore taking an alternative. Nothing about Cymgen makes it so unique that it can't be replaced.

2
Posted by: densu | 2014/05/28

The above response is in line with my observation. Interest in sex is waning by the day and even when making love, it just feel like before. Getting an orgasm is a struggle such that sex loses the normal appeal it usually and normally has. The fear is what the long term effect will be even after discontinuing it. I was oncarbamazapine prior to this drug and never had such concerns. This side effect is quite a concern to myself and others who may not have come out yet.

Reply to densu