Question
Posted by: Boo123 | 2012/05/02

Cymbalta/duloxetine

Hey doc I''m positive you remember me! Just a quick query, the drug cymbalta at 60mg a day are their any studies to support their use in panic disorder? Or post panic disorder anxiety agoraphobia? Please let me know thanks!

Nice to encounter someone so positive ! Yes, Cymbalta IS used in treating panic attacks. Some people experience some increased anxiety in the first days ater starting the treatment, and a sedative anxiolytic like Xanax may be prescribed for a few days to reduce this nuisance effect.
The second condition you mention isn't a recognized diagnostic category. ANxiety disorder exists, of course, and so does Agoraphobia, a more focussed variety of anxiety, and both may respond to Cymbalta or a number of similar medicines. These conditions arise on their own, and not necessarily following or in any way caused by, panic disorder.

1