Question
Posted by: Cymba | 2010/02/10

Cymbalta Questions

Hi Cyberdoc

Reduced 60mg to 30mg slowly.Felt suicidal.Back to 60mg per GP.Having 21 day blood test to confirm menopause.Does Cymbalta make you put on weight?True that depression/anxiety sometimes caused by meno?Cymbalta is used for women not suited to HRT and has built-in pain reliever.Correct?

Hallo Cymba
Menopause can definitely cause depression and anxiety symptoms. Cymbalta is mainly an antidepressant but it does help for fibromyalgia, not because it has built in pain reliever but because it alters the way your brain perceives pain. They now know that antidepressants also reduces hot flushes in menopause.It could cause weight gain in some people.

2
Posted by: Cymba 2 | 2010/02/10

Hi, I' m also on Cymbalta 60mg and I can tell you that it hasn' t made me pick up any weight. Previous medication made me pick up a lot of weight and I was extremely cautious of this and have been monitoring myself with my current dosage.

Reply to Cymba 2
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010/02/10

Hallo Cymba

Reply to cyberdoc