Question
Posted by: Cymba | 2010-07-12

Cymbalta and boss

I have a boss who leaves me work on a Friday or there is just work overlapping from the Friday. Monday morning and he is on my case " Have you done..." , one day I lost my cool and said " No, I went home on the weekend and I have just come into the office"  to which he replied " I know you went home" . How do I deal with this? Its been 4 years and now I want to address it.

I am weaning off Cymbalta. Now down to 30mg per day from 60mg. Took me 14 days of 60/30. Hugely irritable. I am not depressed. I am irritable. I am on HRT. What meds do they give for irritability and when can it be started whilst I am on Cymbalta. Now 30mg for 14 days. Then 30mg / skip a day for a week, then 30mg / skip 2 days for a week and then 30mg / skip 3 days. I know Cymbalta is nasty to come off, but is it normal to be so irritable? I was irritable on 60mg anyway. I think I was born irritable. Some people blame it on the fact that I am a Libran with the scales up and down. Its true. I know many a moody Libran.

Maybe other readers, who I am sure have had similar experiences, can have some advice for dealing with a dof boss. Sometimes he'll ask that sort of dud question, not because he expects you to have magically done all the work over the weekend, but as a way of winding himself back into remembering "where was I ? " and the last task he gave you.
Probably the most useful sort of answer would be : "Of course we've both been away from the ofice for the weekend - do you want me to work on that this morning as a priority over the usual Monday work, or can it wait until I'vwe finished that ?

2
Posted by: Anon | 2010-07-14

Well, if you were ''born irritable'' then I''d say you''ve been showing a good amount of patience by only snapping at your boss after 4 years!

Perhaps he''s just ''flexing his muscles'' - showing who''s boss? Or, as CS says maybe he''s just trying to get his head around work on a monday. Is he approachable? Does he do this often? Maybe you could prepare a little speech - nothing confrontational - and chat to him about it?
Or maybe even when he gives you the work on a friday, ask him: when would you like this completed by - just so that I know how to prioritise my work load. That way, if he asks you on the monday have you done it, you can come back to him &  say: As we discussed on friday, I will have this work done for you by XYZ time...?

Also, try taking a vitamin B complex and omega 3s - worked great for my irritability and stress levels!