Question
Posted by: sameOLD1 | 2011/03/22

Cymbalta

Hi dearest old friend :-)

you know i was on the medical trials ? they are trying to see if they take you off your current meds that are NOT working (lexamil) and put you on something new (cymbalta) apparently something stronger and it still does not work if they can ADD this new drug...

When i was off lexamil i was feeling better then in a long time, since being on cymbalta i''ve felt less " better"  but not depressed at all - i was suppose today to go for a whole day of tests, blood tests. Before cymbalta 2 hours after cymbalta given new meds or not (placebo) blood again after 2 hours..etc...

BUT

because i was hospitalized last week for a nose job hee hee it was septoplasty and washing of sinusses but it fixed the bump in my nose as well and due to the fact that i dont know what meds i''d been given they have " thrown"  me off the trials...so now i have no cymbalta...im sure my gp will give it should not be a problem BUT maybe i should just stop as i felt quite good on nothing?

was on 2 weeks 30mg cymbalta then now 8 weeks 60mg

HELP?

PS. Charne is doing so good, she is doing so much for herself, even washes dishes on weekend when the maid is gone....obviously i have to replace them often...dont know why the break hee hee but she''s learning

remember i always said i wish she''d at least get to a stage where i can UNDERSTAND what she say''s and wants? WE ARE THERE AND ITS GREAT....

how is the " little"  kitty ? must be a year or 2 by now? time flies when you are getting old....geez turned 44 this month...

I seem to remember - maybe it was your task to make it a really trying trial for the researchers ? Now getting thrown off through your uncontrollable urgent desire to get rid of that Barbra Streisand nose ?
As you're finding, it can be quite complex. Sometimes "better" means an improvement in the main target symptom ( eg Depression ) sometimes the side-effects make one feel less "better" over-all.
And if you were already feeling pretty good on nothing, there would be no room for the new experimental treatment to improve on that. I'm surprised, though, that they couldn't tell your doctor, or rather the anaesthetist, what other meds you were taking, without telling you.
Pleased to hear Charne is doing so well. I think personal direct attention and gentle repetition can bring about improvements not seen in less caring settings.
The cat needs an Op. She came to be from a ahcrity and had supposedly been speyed, and a small incisional hernia suggested there had indeed been an op ; but when she went on heat, we realised the visiting vet had not actually removed her ovaries. And then they're harder to find among scar tissue, so I decided to put up with it when it was 7-10 days of madness every 2 months. But before Christmas she went on heat, and has remained this passionate cactus ever since, with only a few days pause now and then.
And stop bragging about your age - compared to me, you're barely out of your teens

1