Posted by: james | 2009-12-04

I have been struggling with depression over the last few years and have tried many anti depressants with no success. I am now on cymbalta and happy to say it is the first anti depressant to work. Finally some relief. My only concern is that since I have started the medication I have been experiencing sexual dysfunction. Is this a sign i should come off cymbalta? Its really helping so I think I may be in a bit of a catch 22 .

Nearly all of the anti-depressants cause some form of sexual dysfunction, especially delayed ejaculation. I do not suggest that you stop taking it, as it is working for your depression. Rather consult a psychiatrist to assist you with your treatment, as well as overseeing your medication.