Posted by: Deppy | 2009-04-07

I was on Cymbalta for just over 6 months, in the last two weeks of taking them I ' weaned'  myself off.. 4 days after the last tablet I developed flu-like symptoms and ringing in my ears, this has been on and off (more on than off)for two weeks now, I read on the internet that this could be Cymbalta withdrawal symptoms... if this is the case, please tell me how long will it last? Is there anything I can take to counteract it?

Similar symptoms have been described when coming off some ADs, and could result from coming of Cymbalta. I'd expect it to have gone by now ( and of course there are other things like viral illnesses which can cause these specific symptoms ) . maybe best check with your GP who can rule out physical causes. If it's only the Cumbalta under suspicion, many recommend you go back up to the last level of Cymbalta for a week or two, the n come off it even more gradually --- but your doc who prescribed the Cymbalta can advise very specifically on that