Posted by: KV | 2011-05-25

Cylizine - long term use

I mailed a few days ago regarding my IBS and cyclizine use.
You mentioned neurological effects if this drug is used long term - at present I have no neurological symptoms - if i stop with this drug now, could neurological symptoms come up at some later stage? are these affects permanent? What sort of neurological effects? Could permanent damage have been done already?

The neurological side-effects are what we refer to as extrapyramidal effects, such as inability to initiate movement and to remain motionless. Consult a doctor for a physical examination to evaluate if you have suffered any neurological damage by the long-term use of Cyclizine.