Question
Posted by: Wikus | 2010/11/30

Cylift

I recently lost my father and I am feeling depressed, and I am suffering from insomnia. A collegue recommended Cylift. Would this medication help, and do I need a prescription for it?

You would need a prescription for Cilift or anything like it, and it probably would not help. Although in many ways they feel similar, Grief / Bereavement and Depression are significantly different. The depression arises in relation to chemical changes in the brain, which can be corrected by antidepressants. Grief is related to powerful psychological aspects of the loss, and with many personal variations, and responds best to counselling / psychotherapy, by someone with experience of helping people in grief. There is some concern that sedation ( like the sleeping meds often offered ) may "freeze" the necessary grief work and slow the whole healing process.

1