Question
Posted by: Yasaar | 2011/10/26

Cyclogest

I am 7 weeks pregnant and my doctor prescribed Cyclogest!

I used it for a few days and besides the mess it caused, I had a terrible discharge and also terrible itching down there!

What can I use to get rid of the discharge and itching, and can I use the cyclogest rectally instead of through my vagina?

You should nopt use it rectally. It sounds like you may have an allergic reaction and should go back to your doctor to treat this.

3

You can indeed use it vaginally, however the absorbtion is not the same.

Posted by: Zama | 2011/10/26

Hi Yasaar

You can use it through the back door. There is absolutely no mess and the itchiness etc clears up. I used to use it vaginally and ended up with thrush and itchiness. When my gynae prescribed meds for the thrush and after looking up whether it was fine to use it through the back door I started using it through the back and treated the thrush. I

Apparently the absorption of the progesterone is not affected by whether you use it vaginally or anally.

Reply to Zama