Question
Posted by: Anon | 2011-08-08

Cyclogest

The dr prescribed cyclogest until 12 weeks pregnant due to me having a missed miscarriage last year. What exactly does it do

It helps support the pregnancy.

3
Posted by: sally | 2011-08-23

Hello there, may you please tell me what is the cause and cure for ovarian cyst, and that cyst can cause miscarrage when i am pregnant? another question do you what is the cause of missed miscarrage?

Reply to sally
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2011-08-11

It helps support the pregnancy.

Posted by: Zama | 2011-08-10

Hi Anon

Cyclogest is a natural progesterone and it is used to support your pregnancy until the placenta takes over this function. Dr''s say this happens at about 12 weeks. It is used where your body is not producing enough progesterone and this is normally characterised by high levels of oestrogen.

I am on cyclogest for this pregnancy and was on crinone (also a progesterone) with my other pregnancy (which was viable).

Please note though that progesterone, cyclogest, will not necessarily stop a miscarriage that is bound to happen. I had two miscarriages where i was put on cycloget yet i still went on to miscarry.

All the best

Reply to Zama