Posted by: Bike bonk | 2011-03-28

cycling vs fertility

Hi my wife and i are trying to get pregnant and we are both avid cyclists (around 8hrs training a week).

Will this affect our chances on getting pregnant and how is all that time in the saddle affecting my sperm production / quality?

prolonged bicycle riding causes decreased blood flow and injury to the pudendal artery that supply the penis . there is no suggestion of decreased sperm count with prolonged cycling . If erectile dysfunction occurs then you need to stop cycling and investigate this .you have two possible difficulties

Posted by: Woman | 2011-03-29

Lots of research have been done about that. Off course the answer will depend on who paid for the research! According to those in the know, you must get a seat offer more padding or feature a triangle-shaped wedge cut out of its middle. Also check your pedal resistance. Furthermore, take regular rest periods, and if you''re a mtb er, switch to road cycling for a while.

Good luck!

Reply to Woman
Posted by: BIKER | 2011-03-28

Reply to BIKER