Posted by: T | 2009-03-31

Cycling chafing

I am a lady and cycle between 200 and 350km every week andam really enjoying it. However, the skin in my groin is not enjoying it despite my use of good-quality cycling shorts, and am really battling with ingrown hairs and painful pimple-type things that have developed. Aside from the pain and discomfort, these look horrible. What should I do, would it be advisable to wax the area (once its healed) or - what? Please help.

Dear T
Yes, I think waxing will probably be your solution. Try using Bactroban ointment on the pimples as soon as they start.

Posted by: mavusi | 2009-03-31

That sounds really uncomfortable. What I do is apply a little Vaseline to my inner thighs to " oil the gears" . Hope it helps, unless Cyberdoc has any objections?

Reply to mavusi